Saturday, July 12, 2014

Our Blue Ridge

 The Blue Ridge Parkway is  the most favorite place that my Gary and I love to go too....we even had our Honeymoon in the Smokies in December 1969....just after Christmas, it was perfect....babbling brooks with snow....crisp air.....and new love...

The Blue Ridge
 
Our love seems to keep its' freshness, and we are thankful!!  God has entered our life since we were first married through His precious Son; and we are His followers and we belong to Him.  We are grateful!!




  We are completing work on the outside of our cabin this summer and have been working
very hard. I am sharing a few older pics...we have added 2 side porches and so we have a great wrap around porch. He also added my great kitchen shelves last winter.
  So, with all the construction staining,  I think this is a getaway to the Blues' day for me....it is suppose to rain so I will be quilting and doing laundry and sorting......but my heart will be wandering to those great lookouts!!......hoping to hike them this fall......and my Gary?.....oh he wants to complete his pilots training and eventually fly us OVER them in the fall.
  What do you think about that!! ........ I say  cool!!  and enjoy the link and small picture video there.   I want to say  Quilted Blessings as I do on my quilt blog  In The Sewing Basket as I close; it is just who I am as much as Gary is a carpenter and fixer upper of anything!!......Love, Karen and Gary
  


No comments:

Post a Comment