Friday, September 24, 2010

An Everyday Thing


Here we are back into our week. Gary is working 12 hour shifts and i am creating some quilt tops. I enjoyed a visit to the New England Fabric Store and also was able to find discount fabric there also. They boast 17,000 bolts of fabric. It was a quick visit because the fabrics were all great and all I needed to find was bright and whimsical pieces for my coming quilt tops. Gary is a very good man! He even came in to check on me and I quickly got his help in carrying the bolts up to the cutting counter. The sales lady was great and of course, as quilters' go we bonded and shared our latest projects. It's easy to fit into the quilting world! I am hoping younger gals are gaining interest into the haven of quilts! They have matching fabrics now and precut for easy use, NO EXCUSE!!! and it is all just perfect together!.. Gary is praying about buying a crafting mill works machine that we could do fancy work with and add to our business at Old Glory Quilting. I, of course, have come up with the idea of painted quilt blocks in 3-D! also, the idea of the barn quilts just fascinate me! The best of both in quilt design and painting. Does it get any better? Well, Gary will be getting home soon and I have to run to do the laundry and get groceries, so we can be clean and fed for another day!! He has a bunch of hours to work yet this weekend and then next week we may try a train trip through Vermont and New Hampshire and also get to the coast to see more lighthouses. Will keep you posted! We prayed today for our daughter in laws' cousin in Nebraska and God was merciful and she is doing fine now. May your journeys be light and safe. Love, Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment