Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nostalgia Joy!

Rain makes me want to bake chocolate chip cookies.... random..
Nostalgia... Garys' close friends growing up were Allen,Tracy, Lester...and __all__ the boys in the High School that we attended together. He was known and liked by everyone. He camped out every friday eve after our dates with the guys, rain, snow, all year round...and they just had clean fun together!!
I was his "girl"..we would eat lunch together if we had the same schedule and also walk the "halls" if we had time. I wore cashmere sweaters and plaid woolen skirts to school. No jeans were allowed, only on casual day during exams in May. We grew up in the same hometown. And as we grew up our friends changed, due to some moving and others just found different interests. We always hunted down guys playing football on Sunday afternoons in the parks and I would sit and watch my Gary play his heart out! He loved it! Or our youth group in his country church would get together for baseball in one of the families barnyards. Gary loved handball and the Y and racket ball. He was good at it. He still lifts weights and we plan to do a walk out west or bike ride in the next couple years on maybe the Discovery Trail. Get in shape Mama Grizzly!! (me) Papa Bear is doing it fine!! Looking really good!!! Man, today is random if you are still with me!! haha
Gw has brought me so many joys in my life. He is constant. He is loyal and faithful. He is a hardworker. He loves his God with his whole heart and wants to serve him that way too. He will tell you the truth if you really want to hear it!..He is a dream come true in my life! I love my Main Man!!
My close friends were Joy, Barb, Kay, Sandy....and I also knew everyone in our school, even if there were 375 in our graduation class. We started Kindergarden together with our friends and graduated with them. All the good and all the bad and yes, sometimes, ugly!! Brownies, Girl Scouts, 4-H, Sports, Church friends and groups....parades, fairs, birthday parties church camp, family vacations, bike rides, just being silly in junior high with our friends. Joy.... my really good friend.....
Random again... We moved our RV to a new campground. The leaves are falling fast with the below 30 at night and then rain and fog all day today. My favorite church steeple behind the post office all in fog. The deep red oak tree, the bright yellow maple. It is just JOY....Gary and I have truly have had so much Joy in our lives....3 children....9 grandkids....family....friends... what is that old kid song..I have the Joy Joy Joy Joy Down in My Heart...where?....down in my heart!!.... may kids today have joy!!!
My pictures are just random because our week is just that... Gary is finishing up working tonight and I am continuing to find so much Joy in sewing....others would go crazy sewing so much, I just get more excited with new things to make up. Boston is postponed I think until Wednesday so Grandma Moses and Dear Jane here we come!!!
God is faithful and He gives us Joy....!!! Quilted Love! and may you be so blessed!!! Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment