Monday, October 25, 2010

Food For The Soul

The Flick Family has been known to make a meal out of OLIVES....and Broccoli Soup is right up there on the list too! We started the day listening to Chip Ingram in his study at livingontheedge.org on the Attributes of God...it is an Awesome study and true mana that we need each day. I did go to Walmart and did you know that even in a small Walmart (they are building the Big Super one up the road)...you can exist foodwise?...Yep, I am doing it...it is close and they have a frozen food and dairy area. So, I began to scour the shelves and came up with my ingredients for Broccoli Soup...It was time for Comfort food. i came home, emptied out the 6 bags I had purchased....found my soup pan, and began to mix the ingredients. When I turned and asked my Gary what kind of sandwich he wanted with the soup, he asked, did you make soup?....wow!.... haha! he was sitting 5 feet away on the couch relaxing before getting ready for his night shift at the local ER.
Our trip to Norman Rockwell's Museum as all sorts of scenery, Rivers, Covered Bridges, Mountains, small towns that are centered around the Gazebos that sport music in the summer in most of them.....it is a rich New England life that I encourage all to come and enjoy.
Since this was the museum of illustrations, it started with N.Rockwell's first issue of Boys Life 5 cents each .... it covered all the decades of artwork he did for several magazines and also business advertisements. They had it all organized and typed out explanations of his work with an old recorded explanation occasionally throughout the displays. It was very humble for the kind of artist he was. So gifted at a Young age. He was born the year that my Grandfather (Poppy) was born. We enjoyed the 1940's displayed with the Soldier helping the little girl. It was just awesome. In the 60's you could see his art loose the family, familiar touch that he put into the other years of work. It was mostly just faces of important people. The death of President Kennedy and other historical moments caught by him. We did buy postcards to send to all the Grandys also; that was fun picking them out also.
Sewing is a part of my life here, as nursing ER is for Gary right now. I am trying to build up a stack of quilt tops to then quilt with my longarm when we get back to Indiana and finally settled down for awhile, probably mid-December.
Please just enjoy the trip with us. I would serve you some soup if you were close enough to visit!! God Bless!! Mama Bear loving Papa Bear here

No comments:

Post a Comment