Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Signs


Doesn't it feel like life does give us detours at times? Right now I think all of Brattleboro is a detour!! Construction teams have been busy here since we came in late August. They do have jobs.
Isn't the cabin on the edge of the mountain just amazing? Was the guy that built the cabin with the view from his front porch on a detour?...Was he exhausted from searching for "just the right place to build" and said THIS IS IT Kathrine!!!....
How far was the water for them to carry?.....Those are things I think about! I see Plenty of firewood!! but since I am a rambling rose today ... you make up the rest of the story!!!
I had never pictured a picnic with a view like the one from the deck of this small gift shop area. It is offering a 2 gallon jug of Maple Syrup for $60 ! Yikes!!! 58gm of sugar! whooooosh!
We enjoyed the view....one signs brags that the view is 15 miles out; I bet on a clear day! Gary bought me a Vermont Sweatshirt in bright fuchsia pink...he said it just "lit up my face!"...at 60 that is nice to hear that my face still has an ability to shine! heehee
It was a nice short drive, full of color everywhere. The maples are about done...still some with their last bit of orange, red or yellow. The oaks are in their glory now with the dark green pine mixed in... It is spectacular!! God in His splendor! We LOVE Fall!!! And in this life journey, we may feel we get detours but God is Sovereign in all and through all....No Detours Allowed!...
Just go out on your porch.....breathe in really really deep.....love that fall smell!! Awesome!! Quilted Hug!!! Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment